10. After realizing that corporations and doctors may not know what they're talking about, and may not have your best interests in mind, you will end up questioning all authority.
9. People will call you a "freak," which may or may not be a compliment, but which either way will still make you feel weird.
8. You can't impress people with your new stylish running shoes.
7. You don't always feel like you're in the beach-running scene from Chariots of Fire.
6. People may instead think you belong in the movie Quest For Fire.
5. You will have to perform the laborious chore of washing your feet after you run.
4. You will be shunned in any store-sponsored running group.
3. It will be just one more thing that your family doesn't understand about you.
2. Angry people may yell at you from their cars.
1. In races, people will talk about you as if you weren't twenty feet in front of them.